ICEA Board Nominations Are Now Open
Due 11 June 2018
Do you have a few hours a month to volunteer for your profession? Would you like to help others all over the world support family-centered maternity and newborn care? Do you enjoy the camaraderie of working together with a great team, developing new skills, and promoting freedom of decision making based on knowledge of alternatives?
If you answered YES to these questions, then consider joining the ICEA Board of Directors!
ICEA is currently seeking volunteers for the following positions on the Board of Directors:
- The president-elect must have served at least one previous term on the Board of Directors. She provides oversight to all ICEA trainers. She assists in long-range planning for ICEA and serves as an ex official member of all committees. The position of President-Elect provides continuity of leadership in the organization as the two year term serves as preparation for assuming the office of President.
- The treasurer is responsible to review the financial aspect of ICEA’s work. She is instrumental in annual budget planning. She reviews monthly financial reports with the Board. She also oversees the scholarship committee.
- Director of Lactation
- The Director of Lactation must be a credentialed lactation provider and willing to represent ICEA on the United States Breastfeeding Committee. She provides the Board of Directors, ICEA certified professionals, and ICEA advocate members with regular updates on breastfeeding (research and science), the WHO code and products related to breastfeeding. She reviews all breastfeeding information that ICEA provides to its certified professionals and advocate members.
- Director of Public Policy and Communications
- The Director of Public Policy and Communications is expected to keep current on policies and information from other maternal/child health organizations. She will review position papers every two years or as new research is published. She also oversees the publication of the International Journal of Childbirth Education.
- Director of Marketing
- The Director of Marketing coordinates marketing strategies for ICEA and works with the management company to secure advertisers for ICEA publications. She works with the Director of Conferences to plan and market upcoming conferences. She chairs the marketing committee and oversees the Awards program.
- Director at Large
- The Director at Large is a very flexible position. This Director is expected to serve on committees and volunteer for projects that fit her abilities and interests.