A comprehensive pricing outline for all of our programs can be found here.
Postpartum Doula: Traditional Pathway
Certification Pathway Candidates
This certification pathway is the right choice for you if:
- You have little to no experience as a postpartum doula
- You are a layperson who is committed to helping childbearing families
- You are a birth doula, nurse, or other birth professional who wants to expand your services to include postpartum doula care
Steps to Certification
The following steps must be completed within two years of entering the program. Candidates must FIRST enroll in the certification program and attend a workshop before completing the other steps.*
- Enroll in the certification program
- Attend an ICEA Postpartum Doula Workshop (additional fees required)
You may complete the first two steps in any order. (You may enroll in the program and then take the workshop or you may take the workshop and then enroll in the program.) Both of these first two steps must be completed before completing the other steps for certification. ICEA requires you to have some evidence-based learning and resources before teaching.
- Review the certification study guide and referenced readings (provided after enrollment)
- Confirm current Infant/Baby/Adult CPR Certification, or international equivalent
- Complete three client evaluations of at least six hours each
- Apply to take the certification examination
ICEA’s membership pricing structure is a reflection of our goal to improve birth outcomes for all families in the international community. Find your country’s category here.
|Country Category||ICEA Enrollment Fee (USD)||Discounted ICEA Enrollment Fee (USD)|
if you are currently an ICEA Certified Childbirth Educator (ICCE) or an ICEA Certified Birth Doula (ICBD)
*If you enrolled before July 20, 2017, then the requirements you enrolled under still apply to your application.
*Payments made to ICEA are non-refundable. By choosing to enroll in this program you are accepting responsibility for the payment you make.*