Certification Pathway Candidates
This certification pathway is the right choice for you if:
- You are currently certified with another recognized postpartum doula organization, such as DONA or CAPPA, and have been actively practicing for a minimum of two years.
- You have been certified as a postpartum doula within the last two years through ICEA or another recognized postpartum doula organization, such as DONA or CAPPA, and actively practiced for a minimum of two years while certified, but your certification has expired within the last two years.
Steps to Certification
The following steps must be completed within two years of enrolling in the program. Candidates must FIRST enroll in the certification program before completing the other steps.*
- Enroll in the certification program
- Review the certification study guide the referenced readings (provided after enrollment)
- Study specific ICEA position papers (provided after enrollment)
- Confirm current Infant/Baby/Adult CPR Certification, or international equivalent
- Apply to take the certification examination
- Submit proof of current or prior certification (no more than two years expired) with another recognized postpartum doula organization, such as DONA or CAPPA, along with the examination application form