Mentors will work with individuals who have joined ICEA and are working through the certification process. Mentors will help guide and assist the individual(s) by offering encouragement, suggestions, and direct one on one attention throughout the process.
A mentor will be expected to:
- Check their email at least three times per week and respond within 48 hrs to all messages received from those they are mentoring.
- Connect with each person they are mentoring at least once per month to see how that person is progressing. The mentor is expected to offer guidance, encouragement and be that direct link that a new doula or educator may need.
- Keep accurate records of all interactions with the individual(s) they are mentoring and report those interactions to the ICEA mentorship representative within the last week of each month using the online form provided.
- Direct any questions they do not know how to answer to the appropriate ICEA staff or mentorship program representative.
Requirements for individuals interested in becoming a mentor:
- Must be ICEA certified and in good standing.
- Must have good communication skills (both written and oral).
- Must have a good understanding of ICEA’s mission, vision and philosophy.
- Must be actively practicing for at least 3 yrs in each area of interest for mentoring.
- Must have access to email and have the ability to check it at least three times per week.
- Must have the availability to respond to emails within 48 hrs of receiving them.
- Must be able to complete the once a month online mentorship summary form and submit it within the last week of each month.
Interested in learning more? Interested in getting involved? Fill out the form below!
ICEA offers free experienced mentors to individuals who have enrolled in ICEA’s certification program and are working through the training and certification process. Mentors will be available via email to answer questions, offer guidance and be that direct link between the certification candidate and ICEA. Mentors will check in with each candidate at least once per month to help keep the candidate motivated, encouraged, and on the path to being an ICEA certified professional!