A comprehensive pricing outline for all of our programs can be found here.
Childbirth Educator Certification: Online Workshop
Learn from your own home when it’s convenient for you!
ICEA’s Online Childbirth Educator Workshop is new and improved!
In this new program you will find:
- Comprehensive training with advice on how to teach about nutrition, positions for labor, pharmacologic pain management, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, and more
- Enhanced videos for a hands-on learning approach from the comfort of your home
- Teaching tips and insight from ICEA’s Experienced Educators
- New study guide providing more Evidence Based Resources and information than ever, complete with check-boxes to help guide you through the learning process
- Updated exam to reflect new material
- Resources to help you build your Childbirth Educator business
How to Purchase the Online Workshop
Access to ICEA’s Online Childbirth Educator Workshop is $520. Enroll online or call 919.674.4183!
You can choose to purchase the Childbirth Educator Online Workshop when you enroll in the Traditional Pathway. If you have already enrolled in the Traditional Pathway, or are interested in participating in our Online Workshop without enrolling in the Certification Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919.674.4183 and our office will be happy to assist you.
Once purchased, candidates will have 260 days to access and complete the workshop. If more time is needed, an extension can be purchased. This workshop will be worth 16 CEU’s.
Certification Overview & Curriculum
The ICEA Professional Childbirth Educator Certification Program verifies that childbirth educators have the necessary education and skills to enable them to facilitate expectant parents’ mental and physical preparation for pregnancy, labor, birth and parenthood. The program promotes the concept of the childbirth educator as an advocate of the natural process of childbirth and the right of the expectant parent to make informed decisions based on knowledge of alternatives. Following is the program curriculum:
Part I – Introduction to ICEA
Part II – Reproduction and Healthy Lifestyles
Part III – Labor and Birth
Part IV – Comfort Measures
Part V – Postpartum and Newborn Care
Part VI – Teaching Skills
Part VII – Business
The ICEA Certified Childbirth Educator is expected to further a wider understanding of ICEA’s mission and philosophy among health professionals and the public.