Certification Pathway Candidates
This pathway for certification is the right choice for you if:
Steps to Certification
The following steps must be completed within two years of enrolling in the program. Candidates must FIRST enroll in the certification program before completing the other steps.*
- Enroll in the certification program.
- Review the certification study guide and the referenced readings (provided after enrollment).
- Study specific ICEA position papers and pass post-tests (provided after enrollment).
- Apply to take the certification examination.
- Submit proof of current or prior certification (no more than two years expired) with another recognized childbirth educator organization along with the examination application form.
ICEA’s certification pricing structure is a reflection of our goal to improve birth outcomes for all families in the international community. Find your country’s category here.
||ICEA Enrollment Fee (USD)
||Discounted ICEA Enrollment Fee (USD)
if you are currently an ICEA Certified Birth Doula (ICBD) or an ICEA Certified Postpartum Doula (ICPD)
*If you enrolled before July 20, 2017, then the requirements you enrolled under still apply to your application.
*Payments made to ICEA are non-refundable. By choosing to enroll in this program you are accepting responsibility for the payment you make.*
For answers to all your certification questions, please visit our FAQ page.