A comprehensive pricing outline for all of our programs can be found here.
Childbirth Educator Certification: Experienced Pathway
Certification Pathway Candidates
This pathway for certification is the right choice for you if:
- You are currently certified with another recognized childbirth educator organization, such as DONA or CAPPA or Lamaze or Bradley, and have been actively teaching for a minimum of two years.
- You have been certified as a childbirth educator within the last two years through ICEA or another recognized childbirth educator organization, such as DONA or CAPPA or Lamaze or Bradley, and actively taught for a minimum of two years while certified, but your certification has expired within the last two years.
Steps to Certification
The following steps must be completed within two years of enrolling in the program. Candidates must FIRST enroll in the certification program before completing the other steps.*
- Enroll in the certification program.
- Review the certification study guide and the referenced readings (provided after enrollment).
- Study specific ICEA position papers (provided after enrollment).
- Apply to take the certification examination.
- Submit proof of current or prior certification (no more than two years expired) with another recognized childbirth educator organization, such as DONA or CAPPA or Lamaze, along with the examination application form.
ICEA’s certification pricing structure is a reflection of our goal to improve birth outcomes for all families in the international community. Find your country’s category here.
|Country Category||ICEA Enrollment Fee (USD)||Discounted ICEA Enrollment Fee (USD)|
if you are currently an ICEA Certified Birth Doula (ICBD) or an ICEA Certified Postpartum Doula (ICPD)
*If you enrolled before July 20, 2017, then the requirements you enrolled under still apply to your application.
*Payments made to ICEA are non-refundable. By choosing to enroll in this program you are accepting responsibility for the payment you make.*