An International Teaching Partner (ITP) is a birth professional or an organized regional, national, or international group of birth professional who is/are living and working outside the United States that serves as a native resource to the ICEA Board of Directors and supports offshore ICEA members by providing culturally appropriate information, support, and training events under the ICEA logo. These partners possess expertise, experience, and a history of supporting birth professionals in their region and language. In addition, they have an interest in the ICEA organization worldwide and work to promote ICEA in their communities.
The following principles define the relationship of ICEA and its International Teaching Partners:
- Adherence to the mission, vision, core values and goals of ICEA so that both parties support educators and health care professionals who believe in freedom to make decisions based on knowledge of alternatives in family-centered maternity and newborn care.
- Fostering regional, national, and international recognition and support of the ICEA certification programs.
- Adherence to the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes and all subsequent relevant WHO resolutions.
- Maintenance of organizational autonomy and mutual respect.
In order to establish and maintain a relationship with ICEA the ITP must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a current knowledge of childbirth education, breastfeeding principles, and adult or early childhood education.
- Have the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- The ITP does not provide certification in the programs that ICEA offers.
- Maintains current ICEA membership for the duration of the partnership.
- Honors the copyright of the ICEA logo and other ICEA materials.
- Accepts responsibility for the direction, control, or planning of an activity
- Represents themselves and the workshops they facilitate in a professional manner.
- Maintains a high standard of courtesy and cooperation with ICEA.
The primary objective of this agreement is to promote the ICEA certification programs and support international candidates for such ICEA certification programs. This is best achieved through the realization of potential synergies resulting from collective efforts of individuals and/or groups who share common values and ideals.
For more information, please contact ICEA’s Executive Director at email@example.com.