Certification Pathway Candidates
This certification pathway is the right choice for you if:
- You have little to no experience as a postpartum doula.
- You are a layperson who is committed to helping childbearing families.
- You are a birth doula, nurse, or other birth professional who wants to expand your services to include postpartum care.
Steps to Certification
The following steps must be completed within two years of enrolling in the program. Candidates must FIRST enroll in the certification program and attend a workshop before completing the other steps.*
- Enroll in the certification program.
- Attend an ICEA Postpartum Doula Workshop (additional fees required).
- Review the certification study guide and referenced readings (provided after enrollment).
- Confirm current Infant/Baby/Adult CPR Certification and completion of H.U.G. Your Baby Part I: Helping Parents Understand Their Newborn.
- Complete three client evaluations of at least six hours each.
- Apply to take the certification examination.
ICEA’s membership pricing structure is a reflection of our goal to improve birth outcomes for all families in the international community. Find your country’s category here.
||ICEA Fee (USD)
if you hold one ICEA certification
|2017 Fee (USD)
with 5% discount
if you hold an additional ICEA certification
*If you enrolled before July 20, 2017, then the requirements you enrolled under still apply to your application.
For answers to all your certification questions, please visit our FAQ page.