Certification Pathway Candidates
This certification pathway is the right choice for you if:
Steps to Certification
The following steps must be completed within two years of enrolling in the program. Candidates must FIRST enroll in the certification program before completing the other steps.*
- Enroll in the certification program.
- Review the certification study guide the referenced readings (provided after enrollment).
- Study specific ICEA position papers and pass post-tests (provided after enrollment).
- Confirm current Infant/Baby/Adult CPR Certification and completion of H.U.G. Your Baby Part I: Helping Parents Understand Their Newborn.
- Apply to take the certification examination.
- Submit proof of current or prior certification (no more than two years expired) with another recognized postpartum doula organization along with the examination application form.
ICEA’s membership pricing structure is a reflection of our goal to improve birth outcomes for all families in the international community. Find your country’s category here.
||ICEA Fee (USD)
if you hold one ICEA certification
|2017 Fee (USD)
with 5% discount
if you hold an additional ICEA certification
*If you enrolled before July 20, 2017, then the requirements you enrolled under still apply to your application.
For answers to all your certification questions, please visit our FAQ page.