Certification Pathway Candidates
This certification pathway is the right choice for you if:
- You are currently certified with another recognized birth doula organization and have been actively practicing for a minimum of two years.
- You have been certified as a birth doula within the last two years through ICEA or another recognized birth doula organization and actively practiced for a minimum of two years while certified, but your certification has expired within the last two years.
Steps to Certification
The following steps must be completed within two years of enrolling in the program. Candidates must FIRST enroll in the certification program before completing the other steps.*
- Enroll in the certification program.
- Review the certification study guide and the referenced readings (provided after enrollment).
- Study specific ICEA position papers and pass post-tests (provided after enrollment).
- Apply to take the certification examination.
- Submit proof of current or prior certification (no more than two years expired) with another recognized birth doula organization along with the examination application form.
ICEA’s certification pricing structure is a reflection of our goal to improve birth outcomes for all families in the international community. Find your country’s category here.
||ICEA Fee (USD)
if you hold one ICEA certification
|2017 Fee (USD)
with 5% discount
if you hold an additional ICEA certification
*If you enrolled before July 20, 2017, then the requirements you enrolled under still apply to your application.
For answers to all your certification questions, please visit our FAQ page.