Certification Pathway Candidates
This pathway for certification is the right choice for you if:
- You have little or no experience as a childbirth educator.
- You are a lay-person who is committed to helping childbearing families.
- You are a doula, nurse or other birth professional who wants to expand your services to include childbirth classes.
Steps To Certification
The following steps must be completed must be completed within two years of enrolling in the program.
- Become a member of ICEA or maintain ICEA membership.
- Enroll in the certification program*. There are two options:
- Successfully complete an evaluated teaching series (at least 6 hours)**.
- Observe a minimum of two labors and/or births**.
- Apply to take the certification examination**.
*ICEA membership is required in order to enroll in the program. Online enrollment will not be permitted until the applicant is a member.
**These steps may only be completed after enrolling in the program.
Online Certification Program – Demo
Estimated Costs For Certification