Certification Pathway Candidates
This pathway for certification is the right choice for you if:
- You are currently certified with another childbirth educator organization (ie: Lamaze, CAPPA).
- You want to add ICEA credentials to your resume.
Steps to Certification
The following steps must be completed within one year.
- Become a member of ICEA or maintain ICEA membership.
- Enroll in the certification program*.
- Submit proof of current or prior certification with another organization along with the certification examination application form**.
- Apply to take the certification examination**.
*ICEA membership is required in order to enroll in the program. Online enrollment will not be permitted until the applicant is a member.
**These steps may only be completed after enrolling in the program.
Estimated Costs for ICEA Certification